Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fake Plastic Tree's

We are wired, through our heads and connected by web to every corner of the earth.

We are wired, through our souls and soldered to those we Facebook and Twitter.

We are wired, through our bodies, through TV and Radio, from Nintendo to Microsoft.

We are wired, to the universe through every cell that makes us, and the time that flows through us.

We are wired, to each other, through love, hate, curiosity and sex.

We are wired.


This is not so much a lyric as a voice over for a piece I am working on, not sure how I am going to use it yet, but it sounds right for the space it needs to fill. Sounds quite arty doesn't it, but it's not. I am just trying to get a feel for what I am doing and when I played this piece of music back the other day I could hear a soft voice saying things like this over the top. So I wrote down what I heard and there it is. The first official sample of the new musical doodle I am contructing out of samples, keyboards, bits of lego and cellotape.

Todays song I played for the first time in ages over the weekend, just to break the drone of continual funk / hip-hop ouzing out of my eldests bedroom.

'Fake Plastic Trees' by Radiohead. For those who know it, I assume you all love it. For those who dont, its well worth the discovery. Pathetic, meloncholic, and wholly lonely in its feel, a kind of latter day 'Elinor Rigby'.

Radiohead at their artistic best.

Enjoy, but don't cry!

1 comment:

  1. Fake Plastic Trees is one of my favourite songs.

    Psst: grocer's apostrophe alert! You'll have the punctuation police around if you're not careful. :)

    ReplyDelete