Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Kiss

Was it really the end of may the last time I posted a blog.

I am really getting out of practice with this, work and video editing seems to be taking over all my time at the moment. I will just have to try harder.

Since May I have been lucky enough to get my ears around three new brilliant releases from the Infamous ZTT label. For my birthday I had the double whammy of the entire ZTT Box set featuring music from across the labels catalogue, and also Trevor Horns re-release of the Pleasuredome album with all the extras that it included. Then just this morning I received Influence - by the Art of Noise, for the first time, a proper greatest hits from the band with tons of extra tracks of never before released stuff to get my brain around.

I also made the mistake of burning what I thought were six almost completed tracks from my up-coming project onto CD for the car. Three needed no work, two of them needed some extensive remixing, and the final track 'Wired' needs a whole new re-think because it sounded terrible, just really didn't hang together. I have another eight tracks or so to complete, two of which are only ideas at this stage, so I wont be holding my breath for any kind of completion this year. Lets hope the MSc I am starting in September doesn't get i the way.

So song for today is total cheese, but it happens to be playing as I type, and its awful to admit it but its making me smile. The volume just went up again.

OK folks, it's the man himself, Tom Jones, and a little bit of the Art of Noise, beat boxing its way out of my speakers. A song for every party known to man.

KISS...... 'think I better dance now'........ no Tom please don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment